2022 Ruby Awards CALL TO ENTRY
This year’s board is pleased to announce the “Call to Entry” for the 2022 Ruby Awards. The Committee is very excited to announce details for Houston’s most prestigious design competition. Entry will be a breeze with the updated “Contest” website with registration open June 1st at 8:00 AM and entries accepted until July 8th at 6:00 PM.
Some things to look for:
Classification of Participants and Entry Cost
- STUDENT $25
- Residential and/or Commercial school project assigned by an instructor and executed by an ASID Student Member while in school studying Interior Design.
- EMERGING PROFESSIONAL $50
- Residential and/or Commercial project executed by an ASID EP Member that has graduated with an Interior Design degree in the last 5 years working independently or with a firm.
- RESIDENTIAL $100
- Residential project executed by an ASID Professional, Allied, Associate, or Architect Member only.
- Residential Small Firm of 4 or less employees/interns – full time or part time.1
- Residential Large Firm of 5 or more employees/interns – full time or part time1
- COMMERCIAL $100
- Commercial project executed by an ASID Professional, Allied, Associate, or Architect Member only.
- Commercial Small Firm of 20 or less employees/interns – full time or part time.1
- Commercial Large Firm of 21 or more employees/interns – full time or part time1
- COLLABORATION $150
- ASID Designer and an ASID Industry Partner can submit a design project exclusively developed as a collaboration between a Designer and IP.
- INDUSTRY PARTNER $150
- Residential and/or Commercial project executed by an ASID IP Member only
- 1Employee: full time, part time, office administration, administrative staff, any employee on active payroll.
- All Entrants must have an active membership. *Make sure your ASID membership status is in ACTIVE standing check here: https://www.asid.org/login
- Updated digital submission and payment to submit your projects on the Design Awards Network.
- One single photo may be uploaded. Images should not be smaller than 1 MB, and no larger than 6 MB each and of high resolution (300dpi or greater). This is the optimal resolution for printed images of winning projects. Entrants are not restricted to professional photography, but it is highly encouraged. Photos of less than 300 dpi will not be accepted. All photos must be free of any identifying information of client, designer, or other involved parties. Photos that do not maintain anonymity will be disqualified.
- An individual project may be submitted in no more than 4 categories.
- Only students may enter computer generated renderings
- Projects must be complete within the past 5 years.
- Projects that have previously won an ASID TXGC Ruby Award are ineligible for entry.
- Entrants agree to follow publicity guidelines as established by ASID TXGC and authorize ASID TXGC to use any and all materials submitted for marketing and publicity purposes in perpetuity unless noted.
- Please see listing of all Category Descriptions and Category Numbers for proper submission.
Category Winners will be officially announced on all Social Media platforms by September 26, 2022!
As in the past, your projects will be scored by 3rd party judges from several other ASID Chapters who judge entries based on design criteria including: clarity, scale and proportion, creativity and originality, color composition, effective use of lighting and relationship of materials, textures, and pattern. The judges remain anonymous and reserve the right to not award a winner in any one category should the score for an entry not meet the minimum score of 75 points.
For questions, please email: email@example.com