2018 Ruby Awards CALL TO ENTRY
This year’s Ruby Awards Committee is pleased to announce the “Call for Entry” for the 2018 Ruby Awards! The Committee is very excited to announce details for Houston’s most prestigious design competition. Entry will be a breeze with the updated “Design Awards Network” website with registration open June 1st at 9:00 AM with entries accepted until July 26th at 6:00 PM.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
As in the past, your projects will be scored by 3rd party judges from several other ASID Chapters who judge entries based on design criteria including: clarity, scale and proportion, creativity and originality, color composition, effective use of lighting and relationship of materials, textures, and pattern. The judges remain anonymous and reserve the right to not award a winner in any one category should the score for an entry not meet the minimum score of 75 points.
Some things to look for:
- Designation of Participants and Entry Cost:
- STUDENT $25
- Residential and/or Commercial school project assigned by an instructor and executed by ASID Student Member while in school studying Interior Design.
- EMERGING PROFESSIONAL $50
- Residential and/or Commercial project executed by ASID EP Member that has graduated with an Interior Design degree in the last 5 years.
- RESIDENTIAL $150
- Residential project executed by ASID Professional, Allied, Associate, or Architect Member only.
- Residential Small Firm of 4 or less employees/interns – full time or part time.
- Residential Large Firm of 5 or more employees/interns – full time or part time.
- COMMERCIAL $150
- Commercial project executed by ASID Professional, Allied, Associate, or Architect Member only.
- Commercial Small Firm of 9 or less employees/interns – full time or part time.
- Commercial Large Firm of 10 or more employees/interns – full time or part time.
- OVERALL $150
- ASID Designer and ASID Industry Partner can submit a design project exclusively developed as a collaboration between a Designer and IP.
- INDUSTRY PARTNER $150
- Residential and/or Commercial element executed by ASID IP Member only*
- STUDENT $25
- Listing of all Category Descriptions and Category Numbers for proper submission.
- Updated digital submission and payment to submit your projects on the Design Awards Network.
- Payment to be made at time of submission via MC, VISA, and/or AMEX.
- Up to 5 before photos and 5 after photos may be uploaded – no more than 5 each!
- All participants must have an active membership*.
- An individual project may be submitted in no more than four categories.
- Projects must be complete within the past 3 years.
- Projects that have previously won an ASID TXGC Ruby Award are ineligible for entry.
- Category Winners, Best of Show Residential, Best of Show Commercial, and Best of Show Industry Partner will be announced at the Ruby Awards Ceremony in September!