Board Of Director Roles
As President your primary function is to inspire and facilitate consensus among the board and defend board outcomes.
- You are the facilitator of the board's ideas.
- You are the champion and protector of the governance process.
- You are the facilitator of succession planning.
As President-Elect your primary function is to support the Chapter President in carrying out the functions of that office and to ensure the Chapter’s Strategic Plan and budget are prepared for the following year.
- You are the chair of the Strategic Planning Committee and are responsible for preparation and presentation of the Chapter’s annual workplan and budget to the Chapter board for review/approval.
- You are the successor to assume the duties of the Chapter President in his/her absence.
- You are the collaborator to assist and support the president while learning the responsibilities of the president.
As Finance Director your primary function is to ensure the fiscal health of the chapter.
- You are the facilitator of budget and workplan development.
- You are the manager of the chapter’s assets and accounts.
- You are the coordinator of creative, effective fundraising.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
As Professional Development Director your primary function is to plan and execute (or oversee committees and task forces responsible for planning and executing) the professional development and program functions of the chapter, and to ensure that your chapter program offerings are aligned with your chapter’s strategic plan.
- You develop high quality programs that respond to each member segment’s needs.
- You provide approved continuing education at the chapter level and communicate reporting period deadlines to the membership.
- You communicate and educate your members on eligibility criteria, prep classes, and testing schedules for the NCIDQ in your area.
As Communications Director your primary function is to ensure that all chapter communications are conducted in accordance with the Society’s brand identity and standards.
- You are the facilitator for all communications channels between HQ and your chapter to develop content and strategies.
- You are the liaison between your committee, your chapter members, and your board to facilitate all messaging related to chapter and HQ news and events.
- You provide oversight to all media channels on behalf of your chapter.
As Membership Director your primary function is to ensure the membership initiatives set forth by the Chapter are executed.
- You plan and execute the membership development and retention initiatives.
- You are the champion of WHY you should join ASID.
- You are the first voice potential members hear.
AT LARGE DIRECTOR
As At-Large Director, you are responsible for focusing on any areas of particular importance or interest to your chapter.
- You are to plan and execute the chapter’s programs throughout the year and work with the communications director to promote chapter events.
- You are to oversee and work with the chapter’s committees
- for legislative action and ethics issues, including acting as the chapter representative to the state’s coalition for legislation and the national ASID One Voice team.
- You are to act as the board liaison to the design community chairs and the emerging professionals chair.
STUDENT REPRESENTATIVE TO THE BOARD
As student representative to the board your primary function is to serve as a voice and link for your student chapters and the professional board.
- You are a voting member.
- You are the facilitator of student programming at the professional chapter level.
- You are face that represents student membership. Always put your best face forward.